E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #1
islanq

My Ride: An E46 like you...
Send a message via AIM to islanq
E46 remote functions?

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if there is a list of remote funtions for your keyless entry. ie. holding the unlock makes all the windows go down? Stuff like that. Sorry if this has been posted before I searched, didn't find anything usefull.
islanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
Zenizlev

My Ride: 11 STi, 05 GTO
From what I know, hold down unlock to open all windows, and hold down the trunk button to set off the alarm. The rest is common knowlege (unlock, lock, and trunk open).
Old 08-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
texmedic

My Ride: 02 325ci
Doesnt it do a couple of other things aswell. I seem to remember a thread a while back with functions and what all you can program in to the key. Walt
texmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
islanq

My Ride: An E46 like you...
Send a message via AIM to islanq
found this thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...mote+functions

has some "easter egg" functions, but not too much on the remote.
islanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
franz

My Ride: 03 330i
programmable features that I was interested in, not all remote functions though (my prefs):

whether you want all door to unlock with one touch of the remote or only the drivers door (selective central locking disabled)

Making the siren (w/optional alarm installed) chirp when locking or unlocking, yes they are each programmable, (no noise for me please)

Making the parking lights light or not when locking/unlocking (yes please)

Ability to open trunk with remote when car is locked/armed or not (yes please)

Car can lock itself after unlocking if door is not opened within 2 minutes (yes but thought twice on this one)

The above can be set differently to each key as well as other features per key such as seat memory radio etc. I prefer to have all keys work exactly the same but if it's a two person car you would want the keys to change that stuff, ie, when you open the car with the other key the seat & mirrors move to the setting last used for that key

DRL, daytime running lights (off)

Hot Country, not sure but it seems to have made my AC colder (enabled)

Rain sensitive wipers (Less sensitive)

and as far as opening the windows etc, each window is programmable, and the sunroof, whether they can use one touch or not from inside the car, and each is programmable for closing or opening, separate programs

Automatic locking after starting off (4mph I think) (I don't like that, it's a good way to break interior door handles, happened in my e39)

RC interior light (active)

Interior lighting:
On during unlock (active)
On at terminal R off, light on beforehand (active)
soft lighting (active)

Home lights can be set in duration from not active to 40 sec (std), 90 sec, 150 sec, 240 sec

Rain sensor wipers can be active or not

recirculated air memory (active)
franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
win-by-miles
It really was a Rocky story

My Ride: Refer to sig
thanks for the info,
i've been having problems with the service people and the dealership

they owe me a few favors.. thanks for telling me
win-by-miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #7
roymseafood

My Ride: 99 BMW 323i
I would like to have my car lock itself after 4 or 8mile per hr but I don't know if I can do it myself or do I need to have the dealer do it? Do you know how much they charge to do that? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
programmable features that I was interested in, not all remote functions though (my prefs):

whether you want all door to unlock with one touch of the remote or only the drivers door (selective central locking disabled)

Making the siren (w/optional alarm installed) chirp when locking or unlocking, yes they are each programmable, (no noise for me please)

Making the parking lights light or not when locking/unlocking (yes please)

Ability to open trunk with remote when car is locked/armed or not (yes please)

Car can lock itself after unlocking if door is not opened within 2 minutes (yes but thought twice on this one)

The above can be set differently to each key as well as other features per key such as seat memory radio etc. I prefer to have all keys work exactly the same but if it's a two person car you would want the keys to change that stuff, ie, when you open the car with the other key the seat & mirrors move to the setting last used for that key

DRL, daytime running lights (off)

Hot Country, not sure but it seems to have made my AC colder (enabled)

Rain sensitive wipers (Less sensitive)

and as far as opening the windows etc, each window is programmable, and the sunroof, whether they can use one touch or not from inside the car, and each is programmable for closing or opening, separate programs

Automatic locking after starting off (4mph I think) (I don't like that, it's a good way to break interior door handles, happened in my e39)

RC interior light (active)

Interior lighting:
On during unlock (active)
On at terminal R off, light on beforehand (active)
soft lighting (active)

Home lights can be set in duration from not active to 40 sec (std), 90 sec, 150 sec, 240 sec

Rain sensor wipers can be active or not

recirculated air memory (active)
roymseafood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:58 AM   #8
DriveThruRecFan

My Ride: 1999 BMW 328i
the dealer has to program that feature. they usually charge an hour of labor.
DriveThruRecFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:43 AM   #9
EvilKamote

My Ride: 2K 323i & 96 318is
Send a message via AIM to EvilKamote
Got mine done for $20... ( auto lock and clown nose activation )
I went to ALLISON BMW... Keep in mind that these were done about a year and half ago...

EvilKamote is offline   Reply With Quote