E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
AC815

My Ride: Lawnmower
how many shots before alcohol poisoning?

i've always heard dumbasses boasting about taking 15+ shots. how many do you think is realistically possible to handle without getting seriously fvcked up? (no pun intended). i know body size has somewhat to do with it, but lets imagine an average guy
Old 08-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
more than 30 + to get poisoning

depending on stomache/food and enviroment(girls or no girls) 10+ and still on feet.

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to praise you like I should.."
MachRc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
joem

My Ride: 2007 530xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC815
i've always heard dumbasses boasting about taking 15+ shots. how many do you think is realistically possible to handle without getting seriously fvcked up? (no pun intended). i know body size has somewhat to do with it, but lets imagine an average guy

im 6'3 220. one time at a hockey game i drank 11 shots of patron. i was fvcked up as hell all night. i couldnt even sleep the next day because i was sweating and my head hurt sooooo bad. so it's more than that.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
minney2131

My Ride: 2002 black-on-black
I'm 5'10, weighing in at 155 and did the 21 shots years ago on my 21st. Oddly enough I was the only one that didn't puke! No B.S.. I used to be able to put it away for someone my size...

So to get closer to answering the question, more than 21.
minney2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
FadeToblack

My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
i have witnessed a friend drink 27 beers in a night and wake up just alittle hung over. As far as shots go i have seen guys finish 5th of vodca, whiskey by them selves so how many shots is that?? my friends dads friend who is a cop drank 50 beers in an 12 hour period. So it all depends i guess, all of the people i mentioned were A OK the next day besides being hung over
FadeToblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
id say at least over 25, and probably more than 30
Old 08-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
According to Wikipedia, a concentration in the blood stream of 0.55% will kill half the population. According to those DMV charts, that equals like 25 drinks all at once for a 200 pound man. You can then subtract 1 or 2 drinks for each hour that it takes to drink all of those drinks if you can't manage to get them down all at once. Note that some of those DMV ype charts show that "death is possible" at .27% BAC, so that would be about 13 drinks all at once.

But I think most cases of "alcohol poisoning" that we think of are more like really bad hangovers - where you're incredibly dehydrated and you're so nauseous that you can't keep water down . . so you get even more dehydrated and eventually get sent to go to the hospital for a saline IV. Moral of the story on that one is to drink lots of water during and after drinking.

Last edited by brew; 08-11-2006 at 04:39 PM.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
i battled with someone before, yes very stupid, just the 2 of use killed 3 bottles of Remy Martin XO, a 24 of Heinekens.

lets just say, no one won, i dont remember how i got in the house, i woke up with barf all over my shirt, a severely twisted ankle.

my first thought to myself was, gawd damn i was stupid. and thank you GOD for letting me live.

i didnt drink again for about 2 yrs, not even a sip of beer.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
Choson1
Owner

My Ride: Keepin' it Real
i took down a full bottle of johnny black (750ml) by myself at a night club during my junior year of college. a full bottle is about 28 shots. i probably weighed 155-160 at the time. didn't throw up, didn't black out but felt like complete sh!t.

then, in my senior year of college, i was in partying in korea during spring break. i drank a full bottle of "Something Special." it's a cheap ass whiskey they drink in korea. felt good the whole time i was at the club. got back around 4AM and went to sleep. about an hour into my sleep, i awoke to the worst pain of my entire life. i crawled down the hall of my hotel to my friend's room, slammed my fist on his door for about 10 minutes (he's a heavy sleeper), woke up half the guests on my floor. when my friend finally opened the door, i told him i needed to go to the hospital. i went to the ER, i threw up a bunch of times, they gave me some drugs and i went home. it was the worst physical pain i ever felt in my life, no joke. they told me i got alcohol poisoning and told me not to drink for at least 6 weeks. a couple days later, i was at the club again drinking my ass off.

anyways, i'm older now, and if i drink even 15 shots or so, i'll seriously pass out. can't hold it down like i used to.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #10
L-I-B

My Ride: makes my day
I dont' get the appeal of drinking so much that you get completely trashed, it's not fun feeling like **** the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
There are some true ballers on this forum. Ten dollars is nothing to them. They use ten dollars to wipe the mud from their 900 dollar Ferragamo dog-walking shoes.
L-I-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
Ramone

My Ride: Black 996 Turbo
I nearly died after 12 shots of smirnoff vodka but thank god i threw up plus it was the first time i drank so i don't know if it's an accurate number - taking into account tolerance

- I was flying British Airways business class by the way and projectile vomited smoked salmon and vodka all over the person sitting oposite me ( that's the way they set up their seats) before the plane took off...

passed out in the bathroom and was out cold for the whole 7 hour flight

Most embarrasing moment of my life walking out of that toilet and having to look at all the people on the plane who had to smell my vomit the whole plane ride

...after that I thought alcohol was the devil

...i got over it tho

edit- i forgot to mention i was 16/17 at the time and wieghing about 230lbs

Last edited by Ramone; 08-11-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Ramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #12
FRANCO
Masterdebator

My Ride: Your Mom
a person can definately take 15+ shots, i remember taking 20 or something, iono i lost count after 18......and i remember this idiot repeating over and over how many shots he had taken right after he'd take the shot, all the way up to 25

Mods:p46 6000K Headlights,M3 Steering Wheel,LED Taillights,M Footrest,Smoked Turn Signals,Smoked Sidemarkers,MTech II kit,CS Splitters,Gray Instrument Panel, Red Marker DIY,Ion Yellow Foglights/High Beams,Akebono Brake Pads, Smart Chrome/Leather Gear Selector,18" Staggered CSLs

Future Mods:,H&R Sport Springs,Tint,ECIS Intake,M Lip Spoiler,OEM Aluminum Pedal Set,OEM M3 Mirrors
FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #13
UberBimmer
LETS GO RED SOX

My Ride: a beat up bimmer
I have drank well over 40 beers before and was sick but didnt have Alcohol posioning. Go to preakness in MD one year you will find the answer you seek..someone around you will be carried out on a strecher gaurenteed lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4izzle View Post
i like heavy women. what's your name girl?
UberBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #14
xedk
red@8200

My Ride: S2000
the most i've ever drank in one night was a red solo cup w/ grey goose on the rocks (about 6-8 shots), shotgunning 10 beers, and drinking a couple shots of smirnoff vanilla.

i woke up with a hangover and there was no water in the house -_-
xedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #15
redwood77

My Ride: e46
what exactly is alcohol poisoning anyway? i mean, whats really the difference between getting a really bad hangover and "alcohol poisoning"?

i stopped drinking shots a few years back. just beer for me. gives me less hangover.
redwood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #16
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
^^For me, if I start tossing up bile I know i've had too much to drink that night.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #17
FadeToblack

My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
i drink pretty much every friday night. Saterday i wake up feeling like ****, i can hardly eat...i sweat alot and the whole day sucks. Untill i go out with the boys and start drinking again. Alcohol is the best cure for a hangover
FadeToblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #18
Ramone

My Ride: Black 996 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape goat
what exactly is alcohol poisoning anyway? i mean, whats really the difference between getting a really bad hangover and "alcohol poisoning"?

i stopped drinking shots a few years back. just beer for me. gives me less hangover.
a bad hangover vs. alcohol poisoning = a bad hangover vs. dying

Alcohol is a poison. When you drink enough of it, it kills you...

Last edited by Ramone; 08-11-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Ramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:17 AM   #19
SLC4S

My Ride: Questionable
How many??? Dang good question... I can't remember... what I do remember was waking up in a hospital with charcoal all over my face getting my stomach pumped wanting to die more than anything in the world to end my agony and swearing I'd never touch alcohol again... That was 5 years ago and I think I've only been slightly tipsy 4 or 5 times since then... Alcohol is no longer my friend.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #20
Presns323i
No Show, No Go

My Ride: E46[Retired], 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to Presns323i
i think i would die if i took more than 10 shots.... LOL