E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
mikemav

My Ride: '05 M3 Cabrio AW/Cin
Hack E46 Bluetooth passkey?

Just bought an '05 M3 convertible. The previous owner was (un)kind enough to not leave me the Bluetooth card, and checking the Assist module, I cannot see the sticker (at least from the side facing into the trunk when the rear left panel is removed.) When I try to pair w/ my Razr V3c, it discovers "BMW09210", but of course won't pair to it without the passkey. I called the dealer, but they can't schedule me for a non-critical service appointment for about 2 weeks! Asked my service advisor to take mercy so I could enjoy my new Razr (that I bought to go w/ this car!), but they didn't know offhand how to pull the PIN. He said someone there can figure it out when I come back in two weeks. So, any ideas? Any BT sniffer/hack programs that can pull the 4 digit pin? Are there standard pin numbers they always choose from (1234, 0000, 8080, etc...?) Anything I can do to get the PIN from that discovered name or the Mac address?
mikemav is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
Technic

My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemav
Just bought an '05 M3 convertible. The previous owner was (un)kind enough to not leave me the Bluetooth card, and checking the Assist module, I cannot see the sticker (at least from the side facing into the trunk when the rear left panel is removed.) When I try to pair w/ my Razr V3c, it discovers "BMW09210", but of course won't pair to it without the passkey. I called the dealer, but they can't schedule me for a non-critical service appointment for about 2 weeks! Asked my service advisor to take mercy so I could enjoy my new Razr (that I bought to go w/ this car!), but they didn't know offhand how to pull the PIN. He said someone there can figure it out when I come back in two weeks. So, any ideas? Any BT sniffer/hack programs that can pull the 4 digit pin? Are there standard pin numbers they always choose from (1234, 0000, 8080, etc...?) Anything I can do to get the PIN from that discovered name or the Mac address?

Are you sure that there is no sticker in the TCU? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...0&d=1122235251
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
mikemav

Not on the visible side. See that sticker strip on the bottom right? The thin one with the colored squares? Dark blue, purple, medium blue, then a lighter one at the top? That's all that's on there. Nothing more unfortunately.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
ambishop

My Ride: E38s
In either the TCU or ULF the dealer can pull the passkey using the DIS computer. BOTH have a sticker on them with the passkey.

It only takes 4 screws with the TCU and 3 screws with the ULF to remove and read the passkey.

Here is how to remove the TCU or ULF to get the passkey
http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_E46_Blu...tructions.html

Martin
ambishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
Technic

Quote:
Not on the visible side. See that sticker strip on the bottom right? The thin one with the colored squares? Dark blue, purple, medium blue, then a lighter one at the top? That's all that's on there. Nothing more unfortunately.
Ok... that's weird. What about the other side? A sticker with part number/Pin and the rest of the TCU info should be there...
Old 04-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #6
JDMOTO

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Send a message via AIM to JDMOTO
0000 ? thats what all the BT headsets are.. try it
JDMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:16 AM   #7
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
^

dido
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:57 AM   #8
mikemav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
Ok... that's weird. What about the other side? A sticker with part number/Pin and the rest of the TCU info should be there...
This pic (taken by someone else in their instructions) is exactly how mine looks. Think it is worth taking the module out and checking to see if the sticker is on the other side? Is it a pain to get out?
http://www.hiunlimited.com/bluetooth...ion/trunk1.jpg
Old 04-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #9
frw73

My Ride: '04M3/SMG/SGM/IR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMOTO
0000 ? thats what all the BT headsets are.. try it
Won't work. They have individualized passkeys which are printed on the ULF sticker and on a card, neither of which the original poster has.
If there is none, then a trip to the dealer is your only hope (or a lot of trial and error for a 4 digit passkey)
frw73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
Technic

Quote:
This pic (taken by someone else in their instructions) is exactly how mine looks. Think it is worth taking the module out and checking to see if the sticker is on the other side? Is it a pain to get out?
http://www.hiunlimited.com/bluetooth...ion/trunk1.jpg
Four screws (I think that they are 8mm) are holding that sucker there... it is worth a shot, or you can always can go to the dealer.