E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
InterlagosBlue

My Ride: M3 of course
CSL Bumpers with 2 Intake holes for M3

I'm just wondering if anyone manufactures a CSL Bumper with 2 Intake holes for the E46 M3? Even tho the 2nd hole is useless for regular M3 engines, it looks more balanced. I like the Rieger CSL Front Bumper with 2 Intake holes, but it doesn't suppport Carbon Fiber splitters.
InterlagosBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagosBlue
I'm just wondering if anyone manufactures a CSL Bumper with 2 Intake holes for the E46 M3? Even tho the 2nd hole is useless for regular M3 engines, it looks more balanced. I like the Rieger CSL Front Bumper with 2 Intake holes, but it doesn't suppport Carbon Fiber splitters.
We have the Vorsteiner one:

We are proud to release our latest V-CSL Bumper for the E46 M3 Coupe/ Cabriolet.

The V-CSL Bumper comes with dual factory style fog light holders so that customers do not have to sacrifice the factory foglights while having the same aggressive V-CSL appereance.

Fog Light Holders are an additional $150 option and can be ordered immediately
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
InterlagosBlue

i'm looking for a CSL bumper with no foglights, just 2 intake holes (1 on both sides). That Vorsteiner one that you're showing me looks more like an E46 M3 bumper with splitters on.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Quote:
i'm looking for a CSL bumper with no foglights, just 2 intake holes (1 on both sides). That Vorsteiner one that you're showing me looks more like an E46 M3 bumper with splitters on.
It is a little bit more similar to the M3 bumper than our traditional vorsteiner CSL bumper, but this bumper also allows you to use your fog lights, which also serve as brake ducts.

Sorry it wasn't exactly what you're looking for, but I don't know of any bumpers with the 2 intake holes that you're looking for, other than the Rieger one which you said you weren't interested in (that we also sell)
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
BoostedBoogie
Banned

My Ride: facelifted e46
the reiger one is the only one you'll find.
BoostedBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
Lay2Low

My Ride: Psshht Widebody; M3
Send a message via AIM to Lay2Low
You could go OEM m3 bumper with hamann fog inserts and fill the brake duct side, and mold them in, and you will have 2 holes Just a thought...
Old 02-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
Presns323i
No Show, No Go

My Ride: E46[Retired], 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to Presns323i
you could get the gtwerks v2 csl bumper and mold 2 of the fog holes
Old 02-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #8
InterlagosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presns323i
you could get the gtwerks v2 csl bumper and mold 2 of the fog holes
yeah i could do that, but then that's extra work and added weight when i fill up the holes. I saw a guy on this forum custom fabricate one himself from a CSL bumper b/c he did an M5 engine swap so he needed that 2nd intake hole. I was hoping such a product existed since Rieger offers something similar to what i'm looking for. Oh well....
Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
FrankW

My Ride: is too loud
Send a message via AIM to FrankW
Quote:
yeah i could do that, but then that's extra work and added weight when i fill up the holes. I saw a guy on this forum custom fabricate one himself from a CSL bumper b/c he did an M5 engine swap so he needed that 2nd intake hole. I was hoping such a product existed since Rieger offers something similar to what i'm looking for. Oh well....
or you can get a Kitamo CSL front bumper and custom cut a hole on the opposite side.
FrankW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #10
Presns323i
No Show, No Go

My Ride: E46[Retired], 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to Presns323i
Quote:
either way, youre going to have to do some molding to get the holes.
and covering holes is definantly a lot easier to do than making them.