E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
nomisial

My Ride: 2004 330ci smg
Alpina BMW E46 Coupe/Convertible

I have a facelift coupe and was looking for a nice front lip. I decided that a lip would be more suitable for me because its probably cheaper than a bumper to paint and easier to install. I was also thinking about the mtech II front but i wanted to do something different because a lot of ppl have mtechs. Well anyways i came across the alpina b3 S coupe/convertible, which is facelift e46 coupe with several modifications. Well here's a few pics of it. I want to know what u guys think of the front lip.

it is also shown on a previous thread stickied in the general forum- post #27
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=170888&page=2

btw. Does anyone have this lip, or know where i can get it, or how much i can get it for?
nomisial is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #2
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
i like ACS more, its also pretty rare too

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #3
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
I love Alpina's products, they are so refined and classic. The only issue is getting them here in the US.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:32 PM   #4
nomisial

yea i think the acs lip is decent, but imo i think this looks better, but i was worried that it would be hard to find after spending about an hour searching for it
Old 01-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
MrMotorwerk
Der Meisterstück

My Ride: '02 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomisial
I have a facelift coupe and was looking for a nice front lip. I decided that a lip would be more suitable for me because its probably cheaper than a bumper to paint and easier to install. I was also thinking about the mtech II front but i wanted to do something different because a lot of ppl have mtechs. Well anyways i came across the alpina b3 S coupe/convertible, which is facelift e46 coupe with several modifications. Well here's a few pics of it. I want to know what u guys think of the front lip.

it is also shown on a previous thread stickied in the general forum- post #27
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=170888&page=2

btw. Does anyone have this lip, or know where i can get it, or how much i can get it for?
Alpina is officially sold through KSK-distributing here in the US.
Be prepared to pay around $500 for just the lip alone. All Alpina aeroparts are made of urethane and guaranteed perfect fitment.

The Alpina B3 aeroparts are only the front spoiler and rear wing. The B3 3.3/ B3 3.4 / B3s are all production vehicles from Alpina, hence these parts aren't just aftermarket aerodynamics, but actual production vehicle parts!

I have full Alpina for my car
MrMotorwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #6
nomisial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMotorwerk
Be prepared to pay around $500 for just the lip alone. All Alpina aeroparts are made of urethane and guaranteed perfect fitment.

The Alpina B3 aeroparts are only the front spoiler and rear wing. The B3 3.3/ B3 3.4 / B3s are all production vehicles from Alpina, hence these parts aren't just aftermarket aerodynamics, but actual production vehicle parts!

yea i figured that these were actual production cars over in europe and asia(i found the pics on the japanese alpina site). I think 500 for the lip is still in my price range . Thanks for the info on US distributor of alpina
Old 01-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
MrMotorwerk
Der Meisterstück

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomisial
yea i figured that these were actual production cars over in europe and asia(i found the pics on the japanese alpina site). I think 500 for the lip is still in my price range . Thanks for the info on US distributor of alpina
Cool!
Alpina is ultra rare. It's REAL hard to find replica/copies, so you'll definitely be in exclusive company.

With AC Schnitzer, it's too common place. Too many copies, available. Some sponsors on this forum even sell "replica" AC Schnitzer wings. Although the AC Schnitzer facelifted coupe lip is yet to show up, but it probably will soon be on Ebay...

Mr.Paddleshift has full Alpina on his prefacelifted coupe.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #8
MysticBlau330Ci

My Ride: 330Ci '04
Quote:

Do you have the Alpina suspension too? How do you rate it?

Thanks
MysticBlau330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
MrMotorwerk
Der Meisterstück

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlau330Ci
Do you have the Alpina suspension too? How do you rate it?

Thanks
Unfortunately I don't have the hard parts...
However I am using Bilstein Coilovers and RD sways for my car.

Alpina uses custom valved Bilsteins on their production vehicles too, but because of the custom Alpina valving and specs for their version of the Bilsteins, I will never know what a REAL B3 rides like...
Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #10
KP
t(-_-t)=33

My Ride: 01.5 325Ci/93 Miata
Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP
yup, KSK is about the only source in the US, and Alpina parts won't be cheap.
very refined, very pimp, they make great products
KP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #11
MysticBlau330Ci

My Ride: 330Ci '04
Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have the hard parts...
However I am using Bilstein Coilovers and RD sways for my car.

Alpina uses custom valved Bilsteins on their production vehicles too, but because of the custom Alpina valving and specs for their version of the Bilsteins, I will never know what a REAL B3 rides like...
Thanks Man. BMWCar magazine ALWAYS gives rave reviews to Alpina for their suspensions (best compromise between ride and handling). I think that compromise is what I want but at a cheaper price and neither Eibach (springs) nor Bilstein(shocks) will provide ANY info on the custom specs for Alpina. They won't even compare it vaguely to other products in their own line. The search goes on.
MysticBlau330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote