E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Problem with 2002 330ci Convertible Top

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TKC 
#1 ·
I'm having a problem with my rag top actuation when I'm lowering it. When my deck lid pops up to allow the back glass to stow, the back glass rear edge is hanging up on two rubber bumpers on the deck lid. See photo. This problem doesn't happen all the, may be once every 6 times. It makes a loud pop as it hangs up and then breaks free. This problem could break the rear glass. I'm lowering the top on level ground; no severe inclines. I don't see any apparent adjustment screws in the storage area for the top. Is there anything I can adjust in the trunk, behind the trunk lining? Thanks,

Craig

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
yea, my guess is the top isn't opening all the way either.

Do us a favor, take a pic of your top from the side view of the car when it is open/lifted at it's fullest, and I'll find one of mine in the same position. Then at least we can see if that's the prob.

#5 ·
Here is a picture of mine when the lid is fully opened. Sorry it's not exactly from the side, but it's the best pic I can find for now.

Just compare and see if your lid opens the same. If not, then you know that's what the problem is.

If not, then you know it's something in the folding portion....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.