E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasti-dipped ENTIRE car

128K views 222 replies 90 participants last post by  simsima325 
#1 ·
The day i discovered Plastidip was probably one of the best days of my life. Ive been dreaming of blacking out a whole car for a long time and have finally done it. So if anyone is wondering what it looks like pictures follow...

Feedback is welcome :)

And this is my first post btw :thumbup:

See less See more
#43 · (Edited)
That car would have suffered the same damage without the plastidip, he was smashing that paint point blank with a pressure washer. The guys on that g37 forum are talking about it taking up to 30 cans for a car, are they mentally lacking or what's going on. If they OP used 3.5 cans for a vert, I would figure a sedan or coupe would take another 1.5 cans most likely. Is that a thick enough coat?

#44 ·
Is this serious? First I see a kid welding his diff, now I see someone plasti-dipping their whole car?

I don't understand the obsession with that stuff. I tried it once on my center console, it looked great at first, but it comes apart so easily and looks like butthole after that.

Your car is going to end up looking like a black man with leprosy...

#49 · (Edited)
Stop wining girls...

1. I need another good coat.
2. The g36 was ****ed because that jackoff used a device normally used to strip paint off of industrial equipment and blast dirt out of concrete.
3. If you feel so strongly that I cut corners then by all means get your rich ass over here and give me the 600 for vynl. I'm 18, with a full time job, I dare you to say I cut corners to my face. If I cut corners I would buy a civic.
4. Thank you to all that said it looks good, because in reality IT DOES. I put a lot of thought into this before I did it. I'm not an idiot.

Today it rained, hardned the dip. It feels 100 times more tough now. I love it and if you don't piss off :))

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

#50 ·
Stop wining girls...

1. I need another good coat.
2. The g36 was ****ed because that jackoff used a device normally used to strip paint off of industrial equipment and blast dirt out of concrete.
3. If you feel so strongly that I cut corners then by all means get your rich ass over here and give me the 600 for vynl. I'm 18, with a full time job, I dare you to say I cut corners to my face. If I cut corners I would buy a civic.
4. Thank you to all that said it looks good, because in reality IT DOES. I put a lot of thought into this before I did it. I'm not an idiot.

Today it rained, hardned the dip. It feels 100 times more tougher now. I love it and if you don't piss off :))

You're 18 and still haven't figured out that "more tougher" is redundant and grammatically incorrect?

BTW, did you know that you cut corners to your face?

#61 ·
I'm hardly a troll. You could learn a few things by listening to me, kid.

Lesson #1 - Don't plasti-dip your whole car.

At some point in the near future, your car is going to look like utter crap and you're going to realize I was right and you were horribly horribly wrong. Though you're too stupid and proud to admit it, that will give me great satisfaction.

#62 ·
At first I was like :facepalm: but it does look better than I expected. Only thing, it'll probably take you a lot longer to peel it off when you get tired of it than it did to apply.

#67 ·
I did my wheels / trim / grill, but this is a little too extreme.

I've already put about 1,000 + miles on the car and everything still looks great. Tons of compliments.

#72 ·
wow, just wow. If you are going to do anything at all like this, do vinyl, end of story. Otherwise, whats the point of doing something for a month? And why would you ever try to bash kpeng? Seriously, of all people on this site... If you know nothing about him, just look at his post numbers, nuff said

#74 ·
I'm not bashing anyone. I just joined this forum because I was excited about my car and ideas. I never would of expected how rude some of you are. I'm just a kid trying to have fun. And so far you have made my experience on this forum quite unpleasurable.

#77 ·
Have fun trying to keep this thing looking fresh, although if you are thinking about stripping it in a month, you should be OK. I hope you had a good coat of wax on the paint before doing this. Bottom line, short term, this looks nice.....long term, lets just say you better strip it sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.