E46 Fanatics Forum banner

FCP Groton, URO Car Parts, and Karlyn Industries<< Questions

11K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Optio 
#1 ·
I bought some front control arms and bushings from this distributor called FCP Groton (a few positive threads about them).

They sent me bushings made by URO car parts, and control arms made by Karlyn Industries.

Now apparently they are both German made parts and OEM replacements, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these two companies.

If there's a hint of poor quality, I'll suck it up and buy something else, so I'd like some input before I install them.

Just visually, the arms appear to be well made but don't have any part numbers or BMW logo. The bushings have a part number and appear to be well made, but I can't really tell without having them in my car.

Thanks

#2 ·
Ok I just saw a semi-recent post saying that the arms sold by FCP Groton currently are in fact Karlyn and made in the USA...which is good I suppose.

#3 ·
They sent me bushings made by URO car parts, and control arms made by Karlyn Industries.

Now apparently they are both German made parts and OEM replacements, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these two companies.
Karlyn products are not too bad, but I do not believe they are made in Germany. I believe they are made in the USA, which is not a bad thing...

URO, never heard of them. Quality bushings: Lemfoerder, Meyle, Febi.

#4 ·
thanks. They are engineered in Germany and made in the US according to the Karlyn site.

Any more input?

Here's the URO site www.uroparts.com

#5 ·
Just an update...they already crapped out in under a year and about 3000 miles. I think I am going to get OEM now and get a refund since it's an easy enough replacement. They have a 1 year warranty on their parts and I'm going to use it. I will need an alignment anyway since I'm putting in new shocks & struts.

Where can I get OEM control arms and bushings for a good price?

#6 ·
FCP Groton sales a lot of substandard suspension parts that have the word Germany on it or Uses a German sounding name. He typically does not include the manufactures name on the cheap stuff listed on ebay. Karlyn claims to be made in USA, but I think that it is re-badged stuff from China. Hamburg-Technic is from Taiwan or China

I personally bought Meyle HD's from him without issue at a very good price: $328.00 shipped:excited:

FCP is typically good about standing behind the products...just make a deal with him to pay the up-charge for the Meyle...they are very good. Keep in mind that they are made in Turkey, not Germany.

#7 ·
Yea, I called them today and they wouldn't give me a refund, only an exchange, so I just had them give me the Meyle Arms and Bushings. It was $382 shipped which is actually pretty good, and I guess you can't go wrong no matter where you buy them since Meyle is Meyle ;)

It kind of sucks I have to pay return shipping on the old arms, but it's better than flushing the $220 I already spent on these crappy ones.

:hi:

#8 ·
Are you sure about them being made in Turkey? Maybe their design HQ is in Germany but they are manufactured in Turkey?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.