E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Ebay Header Questions

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Bdave 
#1 ·
Well Im finally the proud owner of a newly installed set of Ebay Headers to go with my lonesome agency power exhaust.. plus just replaced my clutch after 4 years. Anyways, Car drives great since install, but still breaking in new clutch... now only 1 of the pre-cat sensors and the egt sensor were able to be installed due to location of sensor bungs. The remaining Pre-Cat and Two Post-Cat sensors are temporarily secured off to the side. My question is will only having the one pre-cat sensor installed effect when the car recieves a software upgrade or do all 4 get eliminated anyways during the re-flash? And is there a way (and is it okay to) to unplug the remaining sensors until I get software?

Thanks

#9 ·
if your replacing your pre's and you put it too close up will it have premature failure because of more heat? im guessing not because not much heat escapes between those 3 or 4 inches or so. can you put a new hole on the opposite side of the pipe that the current pre's are on?

#10 ·
can you put a new hole on the opposite side of the pipe that the current pre's are on?
I'll have to check but I believe so. I think the best way to deal with this issue is drilling a hold and weldinga new bung in so I can install the 02 sensor.

#11 ·
Thats the problem with these Ebay headers...the location of the bungs. Most are not in the correct spot. I got lucky with mine. My tech just had to twist a pipe slightly so one sensor would clear the tranny and could be inserted.
In the end I was happy with mine. But I would have been less so if I had to start welding new bung holes.

All the "ceramic" coating flaked off mine. I suggest a professional coating or header paint. I dont know about ceramic from a spray can. Best bet is professionally applied 2 part coating. We have a guy locally that does this kind of work...well.

It may cost more than the headers cost to get them coated, but you know they will last better that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.