E46 Fanatics Forum banner

FCP GROTON. Has anyone used this site???

3K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  FCPEuro 
#1 ·
Has anyone used FCP GROTON (www.fcpgroton.com) for parts? If so, how was the experience, part quality, etc?

Thanks!

#7 ·
Bought a bunch of parts for other cars. Will NOT ever use them again.

Had to replace all 8 control arms in the A6 after a year because of the cheap boots. Had the same experience with other cars: original parts would last a decade, their would last 8 months. I found the quality to be junk.

#8 ·
As far as I know they are a retail place and not a brand. I got Bosch 02 sensors from them. Meyle control arms. Also camshaft positioning sensor. Parts fixed the issues I had. I will use them again. Ps- accidentally ordered 2 exhaust cps so I'll sell the second for 40 shipped.

#9 ·
The sell other brands such as Meyle, but the lca's bushings I was looking at were an FCP brand. It's probably made in China which makes me think twice. They're about 60 bux. I'd be fine spending 100 for decent bushings, but I'm only going to replace the whole assembly soon enough anyways.

#16 ·
Excellent company with wide selection of fast moving replacement parts.
I have ordered many parts from them: Meyle HD Differential Mounts, Meyle HD Swaybar Link, Meyle HD Tie Rods, Meyle Subframe Mount, etc. The most recent order was A/C Evaporator about a month ago.

They always responds promptly, ships very fast, and truthful about their part availability. When they don't have the part in stock, they will inform you and offer the options you prefer (wait until it came on stock, choose alternative brand, or refund). When you request refund, they will proceed immediately - no hassle at all. It never took more than 3 days to have the order shipped after payment.

The only downside is they sometime send unwanted promo spam to my email (but not too often).

Regarding part quality, especially suspension parts, they do offer various brand options for the same part (i.e FCP, Meyle, and Lemforder for control arms). Just be wise and fair about this, you can't blame the company if the $74 FCP control arms is not as durable as $150 Meyle or $170 Lemforder.

#20 ·
they have horrible customer service and do not list correct parts. they shipped me the wrong o2 sensors that they claimed fit and wanted me to pay for shipping back to them. until my cc company did a reverse charge i could not get them to ship out a shipping tag to fix their mistake.

#27 ·
I bought the cheap complete lower control arm and bushing set and had my indy install it. Its been a year and a half, and i drive my 330ci in the winter, and the control arms, bushings, and balljoint boots still look like the day they went on. I would buy the same kit again. and recommend it to others. Hope it helps.

#28 ·
Hello There -

It is tough to read some of the criticisms we get, but I also have to appreciate that some of it may have been earned. Just so you are aware, such criticism is what has been driving us to be better at serving this community.

We have improved service significantly, so there should never be an issue of bad service from FCP. If that ever occurs, please let us know immediately so we can figure it out right away.

As far as the parts go, we are aware of the various experiences and opinions out there and we have been spent the better part of a year reviewing these issues and working out soon to be released solutions.

As far as the site - we have recently launched our newest sites - www.fcpeuro.com and www.fcpimport.com. Please check them out for your parts needs, I think they will be a pleasant surprise.

I posted a 20% sale that is about to end soon. This is applicable to all brands that we carry such as Meyle, Lemforder, Bosch and others. Hopefully, you can take advantage of this sale to get the parts you need.

Feel free to drop us a PM or email anytime you have any questions.

Cheers,

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.