E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tint - 3M or Suntek?

10K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  hoppa79 
#1 ·
Is there a difference between the two? Which is better?

#4 ·
A couple of my friends own tint shops, and there is no discernable difference between tint fims, except that some shops charge you alot more for what they try to get you to perceive to be "premium" films... Solargard has always been a good film, and I am pretty sure any reputable tint shop you go to will give you a "lifetime" warranty on tint film (Regardless of brand) & workmanship... Basically, they will replace the tint for as long as you own the car if it bubbles or turns purple... Don't overpay... It is just a marketing tactic tinters & tint fim company's use to increase profitability...

#6 ·
I've had both, first 3M then Suntek then back to 3M...both tint brands were great! Only reason I made the switch was because the tint shop that put on the Suntek did a horrible job with the dot matrix so got my refund and went back to the original shop.

#8 ·
bluecougar said:
I've had both, first 3M then Suntek then back to 3M...both tint brands were great! Only reason I made the switch was because the tint shop that put on the Suntek did a horrible job with the dot matrix so got my refund and went back to the original shop.
How can you tell if the tint job was bad on the dot matrix?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.