E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Creaking noise coming from rear of my car when leaving stop lights and at slow speeds

26K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  WFRFitness 
#1 ·
So i have noticed this creaking sound in my rear suspension area ( i think ). When ever i am at a stop and let the clutch out and start going theres a creaking sound coming from the rear of my car. It does this pretty much mostly in first gear at low speeds. I have no idea what it could be.. Sorry for starting to different threads about problems i am experiancing but i wanted to have specific questions answered in each thread. Thanks guys

#9 ·
i would think the subframe clunk or thump would be noticeable when upshifting at faster speeds..... for me, i mainly hear it when i go in rev.. very slowly.. hardly even pushing the accelerator and slowly letting out the clutch, same goes for when im in first.... letting out the clutch slowly... at super slow speeds..

actually for me its not while shifting.. from gear to gear, its while in 1st or reverse and letting the clutch out to move (slowly)

Im not sure about the OP, hes not even watching his thread.

#11 ·
rtab

/thread

#12 ·
***********Check ur exhaust, while the car is cooled, try and move ur exhaust abit left and right and see if it sounds the same. ur exhaust can be alittle loose and its hitting something

#14 ·
My car also does this. Can mostly here it a very low speeds. Only in the rear as well.

#17 ·
ok im bumping this thread. i just replaced my RTABS with M3 rtabs with limiters and i am hearing this faint squeak/creaking noise at low speeds

#20 · (Edited)
Slight thread revival here but I'm having the same exact low speed, low load on chassis creaking sound from rear suspension area. After backing up on a set of ramps, pulling the e-brake, and putting bricks under the front I got under it while someone else accelerated slightly against the e-brake. The sound is coming from the sub-frame mount to the body where it was repaired last fing September through the class action deal. I'm taking it in to be checked out Wednesday we will see if it is sub-frame bushings or a shotty repair job from last year if it's the later it will be a big :thumbdwn: and a little :argue:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=803920&highlight= it's the subframe mount failed again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.