E46 Fanatics Forum banner

dash kit for e46

9K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  kahn1515 
#1 ·
I need to find a dash kit for a e46. I need to put my double din dvd player in.
If u know anyone or any info on this it would be great........

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
I've seen people make their own bezels out of fiberglass....... I'm getting ready to install a 2009 Kenwood double din in my E46. Won't be using one of those expensive custom bezels off the net. I'll be ordering a bezel from a stock E46 nav and modifying it so the install will look completely stock and like BMW did it from factory. I've got it all worked out in my head already.......i figure headunit in and fully installed, looking completely stock for under $1400 canadian. I can post pictures if you guys want as i'm doing it and once it's done. Just waiting on the parts I need now from BMW...........

#6 ·
I just went to my local BMW dealer and bought an OEM radio blind plate, part # 65-8-229-147 cost $ 7.94. Then I bought a blank piece of black plastic 1/4 inch thick, 3x10 inches $2.75 and epoxied the two pieces together to fill the whole gap. I covered it with a piece of 12x12 black leather, the upholstery shop gave it to me for free and it was a perfect match with my black dash. The leather doesn't scratch or blem like paint and was easy to glue onto the new bezel. It took little effort and saved me some cash.
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

#9 ·
that looks great. I just have to get the time to get to trying to make my own. Man i wish it was easier to get the part make it fit without spending all that money. I would rather put that towards something else on the car lol....

Thanks for the info

#13 ·
wow some one should make a DIY for this

#14 · (Edited)
check this guys custom install on his M3..... The guys at this custom stereo install designed a custom bezel for this customer.....check it out. Click on the link then scroll down the page and click on page 2... you'll see the white E46 navigation install there........ The custom asked for the bezel to be painted and to match his custom white trim... thought they did a good job. It's just a fiberglass mold that was painted....

http://www.soundworksonline.net/gallery.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.