E46 Fanatics Forum banner

bmw 2004 e46 power folding mirror diy required!!!

13K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Azh BMW 
#1 · (Edited)
bmw 2004 e46 Electric folding mirror Wiring problem!!!

I just bought sum genuine auto power folding mirrors but need to know what else is required. The mirrors were off a 2004 bmw saloon and so iz mine. I dont have electric/heated seats but just want the feature of folding the mirrors with the switch. I've noticed i do require the correct switch as the switch that i got iz for auto folding/memory switch (Purple back). Please Help:banghead:

#9 ·
It quite hard & easy, you have to know more about electrical & electronics.
you need first ,change the old plug in to new electric fold mirror.
Then it have 3 extra wire for fold in/out mirror.
Connect these 3 to switch.
I 'm on going to do these , still wait the mirrors come in. Will write up with detail photo soon.
I buy new, ( after market ) heated, power adjust, fold folding, $100 Left, $155 right .
( PN # BM29EL & BM29ER ) link :
http://www.******************.com/s...loc=Driver+Side&tlc=Auto+Body+Parts+&+Mirrors

#10 · (Edited)
Wow, now its sounds more complicated that i thought will be :) But the link doesn work thoe, would love to see where u ordered from. Because on ebay i found some but they was more taiwan crap mirrors. I got that feeling anyway. So if you want to PM me the link i will be greatfull.

PS: which one did you choose? M5 or M6 style? And whats the differens btw them, i cant see any :(

/R

#15 · (Edited)
That thread is for a car with ribbon motors

Cliffs:

1. Install mirrors and install the proper switch. Neither should require any special wiring
2. Code the car. Add option code 313 to your VO. Recode the general module
3. If you want them to fold by holding the lock button, go into your general module and set "KOMFORT_SCHLIESSUNG_FB" to "aktiv"

Last couple steps could be accomplished a couple ways. Easiest and cheapest way would be via NCS Expert.

If you want M3 mirrors, it's a little more complicated. You will have to transplant your ribbon adjustment motor into the M3 housing, and then connect the M3's folding motor to the 3 pin wire sticking off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.