E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Navi retrofit install in E46

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Technic 
#1 ·
I`ve bought the BMW 16/9 professional headunit and the retrofit cable,
but there is no picture on the screen. I have the MK4 DVD Business navi computer. But when I tryed a MK4 DVD professional navi computer it works.

so I need to reconfig. the computer from business to professional.?

anyone have a DIY guide?

#2 ·
First connect the GT-1

1. Code ZCS/FA
2. select after sales replacement(retrofit)( i know it isn't, but other wise you can't code the MK4
3. select IKE
4. select language
5. then you have to selet the 3 languages
6. Then on the nav screen you wil see load software. But you can***8217;t see because your Nav still isn***8217;t code for the Monitor. Butt you musst put the V26 in the MK4.
7. after you putt the V26 you have to wait in about 2 minutes the screen wil come, last time it took about 4 minutes.
8. After the succesfull software load , you have to select recode the Navigation computer, an you can code the MK4 to your car.
http://www.x5world.com/navigation-s...-mkiv.html?highlight=monochrome+code+language

#3 ·
from what i have seen, its very costly to do the retrofit.... i would just go aftermarket if i cared enough about having a screen... just my 2 cents

that said, good luck with the install :thumbup:

#7 ·
now I have a new problem, the radio i have recieved is one with round connectors, and my retrofitcable has flat connectors, and they are both numbered so if I connect them i order to the numbers, it will short my fuse

any one have a wire diagram for the BM24 radio

If i only had knew how much trouble this retrogfit would cost, in time and agony, I would have bought the newest pioneer, because one can make that look like a pretty sweet install.

#9 ·
allrighty now I have navi and radio that works, but there is still one problem, my navi headunit (16/9) has a CD player behind the screen and when I got the Radio to work I thougth the cd player would work as well, but when I press the MODE button there is only radio and tape, I dont think it rekognizes the cd player, and I dont have a tape player

#10 ·
The tuner that you got is hardwired for a Tape player; remember, you started from a Business Nav, which only came with Tape so the tuner did not have to recognize anything other than Tape.

You need a new/used BM54 Tuner which then will be able to recognize the CD Player housing in your upgraded Professional Nav screen (16:9). :hi:

#11 ·
well thanks a bunch Technic, since I don`t have the BM54 tuner by hand anythime soon, I was wondering if I could use a Ipod for a music source? with the correct adapter of course.. and if I can, will I be able to use my steering wheel controller to change track?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.