E46 Fanatics Forum banner

bmw 2002 325i - Help with vacuum leak/codes

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dmax 
#1 · (Edited)
bmw 2002 325i codes coming up p0313,p0300,p1345,p1351,p1343,p1353,p0102,p0171,p0174,p0171 rough idle want stay crank i remove the intake to try and find vaccum and problem got worse. i sprayed cans of starting fluid everywhere. i can hear the vaccum leak around the top right next to this box with a flap inside ..can someone help me before i spend a lot of money :censor:

#3 ·
I think you mean the DISA, but on my car, that's on the left (the drivers side). Since you're new, I'm guessing you mean 'right' looking at the engine from the front...but so you know, the convention is naming sides from the car's point of view.

Anyway, I doubt all that is from a disa leak, but if the disa is bad it will have a loose valve...it won't feel firm. If that's the case, replace it.

Also, have you tried disconnecting your maf to see if it runs better? Although you'd think that would indicate a bad maf, that actually indicates an air leak, but in the meanwhile, it might smooth out your rough running. Just disconnect it...

The MAF, btw, is the first electrical connection behind the air filter.

The disa, if leaking, either has an 0-ring or is sealed from factory with rtv (depending on the year...and depending on whether I can believe what I read here!).

Largest air leak you'll get is always the lower intake boot. While there, you'll want to clean stuff.

Anyway, I don't know the codes you mentioned, but if you translate them into English for us, more might randomly guess; I'm not bothered by guessing without facts or information...I just go by feel! :lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.