E46 Fanatics Forum banner

16:9 M3 monitor help in E46

6K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  honest_al 
#1 ·
hi all, i have purchased myself an M3 tv/satnav etc... 16:9 monitor for my e46 318ci on an 'X' plate 2000.

as standard there is a business model radio cassette, and a 6cd boot changer, i have removed the trim, and unscrewed the radio, pulled the radio away from the dash and found a 17pin connector block on the back, but on my tv monitor, i have a white block and a blue block.....hmmm, this is where i am stuck, is there a connection block/harness that will convert this for me.

i am not bothered about the satnav side of things, all i want is the tv to work, the radio to work, and for it to control my boot changer and whatever it does.

thanks in advance.

#3 ·
highlander said:
hi all, i have purchased myself an M3 tv/satnav etc... 16:9 monitor for my e46 318ci on an 'X' plate 2000.

as standard there is a business model radio cassette, and a 6cd boot changer, i have removed the trim, and unscrewed the radio, pulled the radio away from the dash and found a 17pin connector block on the back, but on my tv monitor, i have a white block and a blue block.....hmmm, this is where i am stuck, is there a connection block/harness that will convert this for me.

i am not bothered about the satnav side of things, all i want is the tv to work, the radio to work, and for it to control my boot changer and whatever it does.

thanks in advance.
You need a new harness, a Nav computer and a tuner... you have to have all those components to make that screen just to turn on.

Do a search for all the part numbers required and installation... :thumbup:

#5 ·
wow, just bringing this post out of the past LOL

ok, finally got round to fitting it yesterday with a mate of mine.

we fitted the screen, wired the harness down the side of floor and into boot.
fitted the DVD mk4 nav unit, fitted the BM54 tuner and fitted a gps antenna into the rear shelf.

then a couple of problems.

what are the pinouts for the cd changer so it can be used on screen, i have a block on my harness with 5 wires, (2 for telephone and 3 for cd) and the white 10 pin block on original harness for cd.

i need to somehow connect these together, so i can get sound from cd's.

next problem was when i turned on ignition, it said no cd/dvd in nav unit, (good job we have nzb sites, i found v29.1 software and a map disc,) installed these discs and now i have satnav.

how do i get the tv to work, as i can't see a function for it, but when i bought it off ebay it said tv on the advert.

any help really appreciated.

#8 ·
wow, just bringing this post out of the past LOL

ok, finally got round to fitting it yesterday with a mate of mine.

we fitted the screen, wired the harness down the side of floor and into boot.
fitted the DVD mk4 nav unit, fitted the BM54 tuner and fitted a gps antenna into the rear shelf.

then a couple of problems.

what are the pinouts for the cd changer so it can be used on screen, i have a block on my harness with 5 wires, (2 for telephone and 3 for cd) and the white 10 pin block on original harness for cd.

i need to somehow connect these together, so i can get sound from cd's.

next problem was when i turned on ignition, it said no cd/dvd in nav unit, (good job we have nzb sites, i found v29.1 software and a map disc,) installed these discs and now i have satnav.

how do i get the tv to work, as i can't see a function for it, but when i bought it off ebay it said tv on the advert.

any help really appreciated.
This should help you with that CD Changer wiring problem:

You will need that socket, I don't remember the P/N but it is in this forum somewhere... :hi:

#12 ·
The tv tuner has it's own seperate harness, which you can buy from the $tealer in the UK, it consists of two small wires for audio which are inserted into the BM54 radio plug, the main harness about 5 foot long has one male and female blue plugs, which are connected to the navigation unit blue plug and the other end of the harness has one white and one blue connector plugs for the TV Tuner....

You do NEED the oem tv antenna rear bumper kit to provide the signal... :)

#14 ·
The oem TV Function retro fit kit is a complete kit including the tv antenna for the rear bumper... there are two different tv rear bumper antenna's ie one for the sport model and other for SE and standard versions of E46
have different part numbers.... check out www.realoem.com and enter last seven digits of VIN chassis number for your car... or if you have ETK disc you can find the parts list for all parts from the retro fit kit number... either for analogue or analogue/hybrid digital... to get the part number for the rear bumper tv antenna and associated wiring that goes directly to the tv module
and the tv harness loom...

I do have

#17 · (Edited)
just like to thank mharv again for helping me out on phone other day, great asset to this forum.

i am now 2 wires short of my installation.

i have the full set up, just bought the bumper aerials and the tv tuner and wiring loom, and all i now need is the 2 wires that connect th eaerials to the tv tuner, i believe the part number are 0144099 0144100, but my stealer won't give me a price on em as i cannot be specific, and cos i never bought the rest of stuff from them.

i have found this guide: http://www.bmwmotorsports.org/pdf/BMW TV Installation.pdf

and the 2 wires i need are parts B and C on page 5.

many thanks in advance if anyone could point me in right direction to where i can buy these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.