E46 Fanatics Forum banner

How to keep CATS off your FREAKING car?!?

44K views 81 replies 63 participants last post by  sdewage 
#1 ·
I've had it!!!

That stupid cat is scratching the SH!T out of my hood. Waxed the car yesterday, apparently he jumped on it last night, found it slippery and used his claws to hang on... then repeated that about 6-7times. :bawling:

I can't take it anymore. This close to killing it. Wish my dog was still alive to eat the damn thing.

Please, ANY ideas to keep a cat from using your car as a lookout perch would be appreciated. :ben:

#3 ·
Hook up some live 110V to your hood. He'll only do it once more.

A second approach is to try and train the cat to jump on your hood. They usually end up doing the opposite of what you want when they think you're trying to train them.

#11 · (Edited)
Have you considered not making the hood so shiny ?

My neighbour's cat and its little buddies always like to sit on my door mat to guard my car on the driveway. Occasionally it would leave muddy patrol paw prints on my hood, but never a scratch. Whenever I had the hood open, it would come stand next to me on two hind legs and look over my engine to diagnose potential engine problems. Since the cat has far better hearing than I, it could detect problems where I could not. Rather than suing or shooting the cat, I recommend building up a good working relationship with it. We don't want mice chewing on your vacuum hoses now, do we ? Thanks to the cat, I never ever had a vacuum leak because of unexpected holes appearing on the hoses.

#20 ·
Wow, awesome suggestions so far!

Keep 'em coming!

I like the charging my hood idea, but would rather not risk any more damage to the car (especially electrical).

Unfortunately, its my stupid cat. And I hate cats.

I figured I'd try some petco spray or something. Doubt that will work and don't want to further damage the paint either.

#24 ·
go buy a soft air gun and when he jumps on pop him, it should only happen once or twice and then they learn, and no damage to your car or cat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.