E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Does my dinan air filter need replacement??

8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Ted13B 
#1 ·
ive driven 35k miles on my intake, and i called dinan today and they said the replacement interval is 30k miles..is this true? IS there a way to clean the filter bc thats what i used to do with my k&n intake..also i opened the intake up today and the intake is very dirty...thanks guys.

#10 ·
Says right on the filter not to clean/oil and re-use.

That said... anyone have the K&N model # of an equivilent cone filter. I've searched the local autostores with no luck.

#14 ·
Its like $75 for the new dinan one... why waste your time with something so critical to engine performance?

PS: I called K&N to see if they offered any filter that would fit. I have the rough dimensions of the dinan filter. They do not make an out-of-box replacement, however, they will custom make a filter if you give them the dimensions. Cost is unknown. They guessed around $100. I'd say when its all said and done it'd probably be a bit over $100-$120

#17 ·
This is the Dinan High Flow Intake (Airbox)...I have this.

I just bought a new filter. I wouldn't re-oil mine...cost isn't much to get a shiny new one :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.