E46 Fanatics Forum banner

harman kardon retrofit

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  radu2006 
#1 ·
hey guys,
can i use a coupe hk amplifier to power my hk sedan speakers and subs?
thanks

#4 ·
The connectors are the same. The mounting bracket for the amp is different however. Electronically it's the exact same cross over etc. The subs and sub amp are mouted differently and those will not work with out some serious work with a dremel tool and probably fiberglass to mount them without rattle.

#8 ·
Did it before in a 323i

I had a 323i and bought the amp for a Coupe off of ebay to do the retrofit. As I said before it connects exactly the same. However the amp mounting bracket on the rear left side of a Coupe is different than the mounting bracket for a sedan. The subs will not fix with out getting the mounting brackets for a sedan. The Coupe subs are both connected inside of a single plastic housing then mounted under the rear deck panel. On a sedan the two subs are in seperate plastic mounting brackets and a cable connects the the two. Try going to realoem.com and looking at the diagrams. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.