E46 Fanatics Forum banner

ECU Upgrade for 2002 330ci

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MachRc 
#1 ·
Hello there,

I own a 2002 330ci and just wanted to know what would be the best ECU upgrade for this engine. Also im looking for the best bang to the buck for ECU upgrades b/c for example 12hp gain for $600 is way too much i think.

Please let me know

Thank you

John

#3 ·
You would be lucky to get 12 hp with software + intake. Not worth the money or effort in my opinion. Now if you were going with shorter gearing, the increased red line that comes with most (if not all) software upgrades would be a nice complimentary mod.

And well, since you posted in the forced induction forum...

If you want real hp increases, save your money and buy a supercharger! :)

#6 ·
I agree with 2000_328. if you're looking to spend around $600, I'd say your best bet is finding a closer ratio differential. It won't make the hp numbers any higher but it will use the power you already have more efficiently. The ECU upgrade afterwards will give you a higher redline which would come in handy afterwards. If you dont wanna go through all that trouble, I'd say the Shark Injector is one of the cheaper and easiest of software. Higher redline, top speed governor is removed and a few horses. I've had my car serviced at the dealership several times since and they dont know its there and it doesnt show up when they do a diagnostic check. I think even with a reflash the shark stays in the ECU but i'm not sure of that 100% I just know that once i leave the stealership and my car can still rev to 7000rpm:woot: that means its still there

#8 ·
Conforti Shark is a great mainstream ecu flash device that you can DIY, plus you can load and unload the software anytime you wish(for the stealership trip). The extra added rpm and response is well worth the 300 bux or so especially if you have shorter gearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.