E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Steel Blue

18K views 84 replies 42 participants last post by  aarondb4 
#1 ·
What do you guys think about the steel blue E46, i don't see much around but honestly i think its pretty nice as a exterior. Once in a while i would see one here and there but it would be a female driving it (is it a feminine color or something?). What do you guys think of the steel blue color on a e46?.......quick question, whats the ball park price for a paint job on a e46, does the price vary by color? if so i was thinking about a dark grey. Thanks

#7 ·
#14 ·
Dude, what kind of post is that? What's next, asking what colour of underwear to choose?
Steel blue is one of my least favourite colours for stock e46 but that doesn't mean it can't look good on modified car.
Don't buy a car with the paint you don't like. To paint the car properly will cost $$$

#17 · (Edited)
I think if God showed us his color palette, it would be 7 shades of steel blue. Each of those shades would be dependent on the suns position in the sky, and how many children in the world are smiling at any given time. Straight up bang-a-rang.

Older pic, she's sittin lower now on coilovers, and Euro-style corner light delete thanks to Drew re-programming my LCM. But still pretty much the same

And even older on the AC reps - puttin these back on soon, miss the bastards

#18 ·
If you want steel blue - one of only a couple colors I would choose myself, and I did - then get a car painted that way already unless you have a good amount of cash for a very good paint job; or a good amount of money for a good paint job, that is slightly cheaper because you prepped the car properly, ahead of time.

#21 ·
I have been wanting to get a e46 for over 2 years now. And I just purchased my steel blue a few days ago. When I was searching for my e46 I wanted it in only 2 colors. Either white or steel blue. I see a few silvers and blacks and decided to wait till I found a steel blue. I see tons of 4dr steel blues and I am not a big fan of sedan e46's.

I think steel blues & steel grey make the e46's look newer and less dated then let say a black e46. But to each his own.

#22 ·
Its been almost three weeks since I bought my Steel Blue E46 coupe. The "finance manager" wanted a four door. We found a good deal on a coupe about 2 hours from the house, and just went to go look at it. Its now sitting in the driveway, and its all because of the color. I love the color, and I am glad we bought it.

#28 ·
just wait for the color you really want. although Steel Blue and Steel Grey do look similar in some instances...ultimately one is blue and the other grey so there is still a large difference.

as for Steel Blue I should echo what others have said about how it really does change how the color looks in different light. and much more so at night it seems so much darker and glossier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.