View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #22
Sparrow

My Ride: 2002 330i 1993 525iT
Christopher,
You get what you pay for.
I know FCP is a sponsor and posts here but I have to say the parts they sell (Hamburg Technik sp?) are junk. Hamburg purchases offshore quality control failed parts, inspects them for obvious defects, boxes them, and sells them as their own. I have installed these parts on a number of clients cars and they failed within months. I ultimately refused to install them because some have failed in weeks and the best I've seen is 18 months. I have had the rubber boots tear as easily as paper, I have opened the boot on a brand new, just opened ball joint to see no grease inside.
If you plan to sell your car immediately and have no problem morally with selling a defective vehicle then run with them... otherwise avoid this stuff.
I don't know how to stress this more but *do not* purchase OCAP, Karlyn, or Hamburg Technik Parts (AFAIK only distributed by FCP Groton). THESE ARE JUNK.
Only, only, only purchase TRW, Meyle (which used to have quality control issues that have now been resolved), and Lemforder.
Period.

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote