08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
My Ride: 02' 330ci
I think he is talking about one of the hidden features on the on board computer.
Originally Posted by CasualMemo
djlinux64 mentioned the digital tach feature on his dash. I dont think I have anything like that. The car has 92,XXX miles. Dunno if the plugs were ever changed. I'm gonna do that soon. But what is the coil he was referring to?
Instructions to access the hidden OBC functions:
1. Hold Trip Reset while turning ignition key to on position
2. OBC should show "Test"
3. Use Trip Reset to select function 19.0 that unlocks all the features
3. Wait for display to show "Off"
4. Depress Trip Reset for 1/4 second and release it
5. With no delay press Trip Reset several times to select the following...
7.2 + Engine speed / Current RPMs 1/min
This will show your current RPM in a digital readout on your dash.
02' - 330ci - Mods: Dinan Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Stage 3 Software, Staggered 19" Hyper Black CSL's w/ Falken 452's